Asia Cancer Forum
Shimouma 6-47-15, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo 154-0002, JAPAN
16 June, 2011
PURPOSE AND NATURE OF ACTIVITIES
Based on the spirit of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which states that everyone has the right to share in scientific advancement and its benefits equally, with the aim of overcoming the common challenge of cancer that is faced by humanity as a whole, and linking it to human life in the Asian region, the purpose of the Forum shall be to create a network for international interdisciplinary cooperation, and engage in activities to raise the profile of cancer and achieve its inclusion in the global health agenda.
ActivitiesThe following projects are carried out.
- Holding of the Asian Cancer Forum (international conference)
- Educational activities at universities and other research institutions
- Cancer prevention education activities in school health
- Multinational cancer awareness surveys and analysis
- Development of a cancer information sharing system (awareness-raising activities)
- Projects incidental or related to those listed in the preceding items